Vanessa Sorenson's Blog

Just another WordPress.com weblog

Blowing up on Google April 26, 2010

Filed under: Uncategorized — vanessasorenson @ 10:34 pm

Wow. Just wow. The Tweet Sleeve project is blowing up on google. Couldn’t have done this project without the help of my lovely New Media department here at Purchase College! xoxo. and my professors Joe McKay and Brooke Singer

 

Progress on Tweet Sleeve March 12, 2010

Filed under: 1 — vanessasorenson @ 3:31 pm

Tweet Sleeve from vanessa_rae on Vimeo.

 

sketch of lilypad connectors. February 15, 2010

Filed under: Visual Aides — vanessasorenson @ 4:09 pm


here is the back of the shirt where the xbee lilypad arduino and power supply will be. green are the LCD’s. red is the power, and black is the ground.


this would be the sleeve. the circles are the LED’s with the RGB values on the bottom. I realize the sketch is a little crazy as I did it sort of “backwards” but I understand my mess. Essentially I believe that you can wire each value (so red, blue, and green) with the same wire respectively throughout the course of the 6 LED’s. So one thread would go through all the “R’s”, another through all the “B’s” so on and so fourth. Leaving about 4 digital pins needed on the Lilypad Arduino deck.

 

Updated Timeline as of February 03, 2010 February 3, 2010

Filed under: Timeline — vanessasorenson @ 7:09 pm

February:
February 7th : Have xbee communicating with one another/ or similar device
February 14th: Working LED arrays (Knight Rider) in order
February 21st: Final stages of coding before use with LilyPad
February 28th: Lilypad LED’s and Lilypad sewn on shirt; test with previous code

March:

March 7th: Work out any bugs with LilyPad or Arduino programming
March 14th: Begin thinking of installation process
March 21st: Work on documentation of Tweet Sleeve project.

 

Knight Rider February 1, 2010

Filed under: Research — vanessasorenson @ 1:03 am

So my goal of the project this week is to get the led’s to light up in a row at different intervals depending on the word’s frequencies in the tweets. This will be done either with a for loop (also known as the knight rider according to the arduino site) or with an array. As of now I think the array will be easiest to control.

 

Exploring Online Exhibition Pages January 26, 2010

Filed under: Research — vanessasorenson @ 2:25 am

Of the exhibitions provided I have chosen Conflux as an exhibition I find successful and the SFMomma: 010101 exhibition as one that had some issues.

The title of the Conflux festival matches the curatorial focus of the exploration of urban and public space due to the way a city itself is always in conflux. The website is organized in a way that is easily navigable to find the locations where each demonstration/activity occurs. Being involved in preparing for Conflux and being apart of a demonstration I can say that most all of the activities demonstrated urban life and urban space. Many artists focused on ways to change the way a person views urban spaces and communities while also trying to preserve what has already existed.

While the title and website of the 010101 exhibition relates to how people interact and understand contemporary online netart, I find the website so hard to navigate and explore that I believe the design of the website overpowers the context of it. While I believe the intent of the website for the 010101 show is to encourage exploration, clicking through a user manual to find information on any artists involved in the show, takes too much time and I find myself losing interest in any of the netart that the show curated. This exhibition seems aimed more for people who are already emersed within a netart community, and is awfully intimidating to those who are not.

 

January 21, 2010

Filed under: Research — vanessasorenson @ 1:42 am

Hasn’t really helped me in configuring mine but has helped in understanding more on how the xbee works. Definitely worth a watch. 

Xbee Configuration Tutorial from Tellart on Vimeo.

 

 

 
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.